Subject: bug#34771: 27.0.50; object is a window sometimes although it should be a buffer in conditional display spec

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 17:43:53 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > The documentation is correct, but the code had a bug.  I hope I
>> > fixed it now.
>> 
>> I can't tell.  It seems you haven't pushed that change yet.
>
> Oops, sorry.  It was a busy evening after an even busier day.  (I did
> say "git push", but failed to notice that the push was rejected by the
> upstream repository.)
>
> I pushed it now, please take a look.

Yes, it works now.

> Btw, if you need your code to work with versions of Emacs before this
> bugfix, you can use the following kludgey workaround: if OBJECT is a
> window, that stands for the current buffer.

My code has to get the window in order to get the font used to display
BUFFER-POSITION so this bug had positive side-effects for my use-case.
I'll let it in.

Bye,
Tassilo