Subject: bug#34765: 26.1; with-temp-buffer should not run buffer-list-update-hook

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 21:03:43 +0000

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>> The latter may be a nice addition, but the patch here is pretty much
>>>> necessary for implementing something like that, so was there any reason
>>>> the patch wasn't applied?
>>>
>>> AFAIU, the patch was never finalized after the review comments.
>>
>> Right.  Martin, did you finish up this patch?
>
> No.  IIRC some issues were never resolved and Basil also wanted to add
> something.

Did I?  AFAICT I was only pointing out the trivial simplification of
Fgenerate_new_buffer_name + Fget_buffer_create = Fgenerate_new_buffer
once Fgenerate_new_buffer can be called from C.

I was otherwise happy with the patch and either of the proposed
approaches to setting inhibit_buffer_hooks.

> If you can make heads or tails of it ...

Depends: is it an animal or a coin?

-- 
Basil