Subject: Re: [bug#34761] [PATCH] gnu: Add eternalterminal.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 22:39:53 +0100

Efraim,

As an avid mosh user, I'm intrigued!  Mosh with working 
scoll-back?  Can it be?  :-)

Just a quick metadata-only¹ review (sorry):

Efraim Flashner wrote:
> +    (synopsis "Re-Connectable secure remote shell")

‘Re-[c]onnectable’ sounds forced and vague at the same time.

I also found these (and particularly like the first one):
- Remote shell that reconnects without interrupting the session
- Remote shell that survives disconnection and IP roaming

> +    (description "Eternal Terminal is a remote shell that 
> automatically
> +reconnects without interrupting the session.")

Can we elongate?  Looking at the home page:

  @acronym{ET, Eternal Terminal} is a remote shell that 
  automatically
  reconnects without interrupting the session.

  It uses SSH to initialize a secure connection.  However, an ET 
  session
  will survive network outages and IP roaming while SSH sessions 
  must be
  killed and reconnected after a network outage.

  ET provides the same core functionality as @command{mosh}, while 
  also
  supporting native scrolling and @command{tmux} control mode
  (@code{tmux -CC}).

The rest LGTM at first glance but I can't test it yet…

Kind regards,

T G-R

[1]: And not even the licence, which would be, like, actual work.