Subject: bug#3474 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.94; Emacs.app crashes during typing (with patch))

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 15:00:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3474: 23.0.94; Emacs.app crashes during typing (with patch)

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3474: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3474
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.94; Emacs.app crashes during typing (with patch)
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:52:51 -0400

Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Adrian, could you review this patch?
>
> It looks OK to me, I'm checking it in.  Other parts of that function
> do similar null checks and don't behave specially if they can't set
> it.

Thanks.

Subject: 23.0.94; Emacs.app crashes during typing (with patch)
From: Wolfgang Lux <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:57:31 +0200

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked]  
mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

I've encountered a few crashes in Emacs.app, which happened while  
typing when Emacs was a bit busy. It turns out that these crashes  
were due to an omitted null-pointer check at line 4165 of keyboard.c  
in function kbd_buffer_get_event(). The attached patch fixes this  
problem along with a second omitted null-pointer check in line 4323  
of the same function.

Wolfgang