Subject: Re: [bug#34728] [PATCH] Update Wireshark to 3.0.0

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:33:04 +0100

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Look, there’s no $ORIGIN in there!  :-)

Indeed. The supposed $ORIGIN issue was a guess of mine. I guessed it
wrong.

> So the problem is really that /gnu/store/…-wireshark-3.0.0/lib is
> missing.
>
> That’s not a problem in practice because ethercat.so is a plugin, so
> it’s dlopen’d by a process that already provides libwireshark.  (It’s
> still bad style IMO.)
>
> Anyway you can keep #:validate-runpath? #f and adjust the comment.

I updated the comment, and pushed as
2b6ab17f7d61bcee92194d8b155a709481a95244.

Thank you.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou