Subject: Re: bug#34720: 26.1; Reverting a GPG buffer moves all markers to the end of the file

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:15:29 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> No, it restores only the window-point marker in each window that shows
> the same buffer.  See get_window_points_and_markers, which collects
> those markers.

Oh, oh, you're totally right, of course -- that function only collects
the point markers.

The reason the other markers magically survive Finsert_file_contents is
because that function takes care not to replace any text in the buffer
that's identical to the text already there?  So the text isn't deleted,
the markers stay where they are, and everything works nice.

So the fix here is to make epa follow the same logic, perhaps?  That is,
first get the text we're supposed to insert, then compare with the data
in the buffer, and only start replacing at the point where we find the
first difference?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no