Subject: emacs-json-mode check phase failing

From: mikadoZero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 21:44:33 -0500

When I add `emacs-json-mode` to my Guix SD configuration and run `guix system reconfigure` I get this error:

building /gnu/store/3m18s0yhkyikgb2z1ivr321h4vrhi9nl-emacs-json-reformat-0.0.6.drv..
.                                                                                  
\ 'check' phasebuilder for `/gnu/store/3m18s0yhkyikgb2z1ivr321h4vrhi9nl-emacs-json-r
eformat-0.0.6.drv' failed with exit code 1                                         
build of /gnu/store/3m18s0yhkyikgb2z1ivr321h4vrhi9nl-emacs-json-reformat-0.0.6.drv f
ailed                                                                              
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/3m/18s0yhkyikgb2z1ivr321h4vrhi9nl-emacs-json-r
eformat-0.0.6.drv.bz2'.                                                            
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/snlxnxmjdibdis1vvbbxgmpi9r4anb3x-emacs-json-mode
-1.7.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built                                      
guix system: error: build of `/gnu/store/snlxnxmjdibdis1vvbbxgmpi9r4anb3x-emacs-json
-mode-1.7.0.drv' failed

The log ends with:

starting phase `check'
.Test json-reformat-test:json-reformat-region backtrace:

  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string= "{\n    \"name\": \"John S
  ert-fail(((should (string= "{\n    \"name\": \"John Smith\",\n    \"
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-132 (apply fn-130 args-131)) (setq f
  (let (form-description-134) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-132 (app
  (let ((value-132 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-133)) (let (form-descr
  (let* ((fn-130 (function string=)) (args-131 (condition-case err (le
  (lambda nil (let* ((fn-130 (function string=)) (args-131 (condition-
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name json-reformat-test:json-reformat-regi
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (and t) :tests [#s(ert
  ert-run-tests((and t) (lambda (event-type &rest event-args) (cond ((
  ert-runner/run-tests-batch((and t))
  (let ((stats (ert-runner/run-tests-batch selector))) (kill-emacs (if
  ert-runner/run-tests-batch-and-exit((and t))
  (if ert-runner-verbose (ert-runner/run-tests-batch-and-exit ert-runn
  (let ((test-files (ert-runner--test-files tests)) (test-helper (f-ex
  ert-runner/run()
  apply(ert-runner/run nil)
  commander--handle-command(nil)
  commander-parse(nil)
  (if commander-parsing-done nil (commander-parse (or commander-args (
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/gnu/store/xj17vzrd65p60n9wifadzm
  load-with-code-conversion("/gnu/store/xj17vzrd65p60n9wifadzmkjliknsn
  load("/gnu/store/xj17vzrd65p60n9wifadzmkjliknsnv5-emacs-ert-runner-0
  command-line-1(("-scriptload" "/gnu/store/xj17vzrd65p60n9wifadzmkjli
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

Test json-reformat-test:json-reformat-region condition:

    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (string= "{
    \"name\": \"John Smith\",
    \"age\": 33,
    \"breakfast\": [
        \"milk\",
        \"bread\",
        \"egg\"
    ]
}"
                (with-temp-buffer ... ... ...)))
      :form
      (string= "{
    \"name\": \"John Smith\",
    \"age\": 33,
    \"breakfast\": [
        \"milk\",
        \"bread\",
        \"egg\"
    ]
}" "{
    \"breakfast\": [
        \"milk\",
        \"bread\",
        \"egg\"
    ],
    \"age\": 33,
    \"name\": \"John Smith\"
}")
      :value nil))

F........

Ran 10 tests in 0.555 seconds
1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  json-reformat-test:json-reformat-region
Backtrace:
           4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/f3q1xjz02yszgg2rq3phs57vgqd…")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35  3 (_ #f)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16  2 (every1 #<procedure 6d6bc0 at /gnu/store/djq0g2g74z8gg…> …)
In /gnu/store/djq0g2g74z8ggyv09v32z2w6izfrxlx0-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-sy
stem.scm:                                                                          
   799:28  1 (_ _)
In /gnu/store/djq0g2g74z8ggyv09v32z2w6izfrxlx0-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:
    616:6  0 (invoke _ . _)

/gnu/store/djq0g2g74z8ggyv09v32z2w6izfrxlx0-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:616:6
: In procedure invoke:                                                             
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program: "ert-runner" 
arguments: () exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 774e80>)'.