Subject: Re: bug#34717: GPL and Openssl incompatibilities in u-boot and possibly others

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 11:14:02 -0800

On 2019-03-08, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> I'm not sure where it would be appropriate to add more comments
>> regarding the GPL/Openssl incompatibilities; e.g. if someone were to
>> propose adding one of the u-boot targets that requires it, they might
>> just go ahead and re-add the openssl input...
>
> There’s always a risk.  I guess we’ll have to be careful when doing
> reviews.

Sure. I was thinking maybe putting a comment in the native-inputs where
"openssl" was removed, but wasn't sure what the conventions might be.

> In addition, we can add a ‘lint’ checker for this case, WDYT?

Does the lint checker have a way to identify a confidence level,
e.g. *maybe* it has this issue vs. *certainly*? Is there a way to
override the lint checker issues for known false positives? Otherwise,
it might just be annoying noise for packagers where it isn't
appropriate.

live well,
  vagrant