Subject: Re: bug#32736: bug#34715: bug#32736: 26; Bind `C-x 5 2' to `clone-frame' by default

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 10:01:27 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> You mean, we get a fresh list because of the call to seq-filter?

No, because of this:

DEFUN ("frame-parameters", Fframe_parameters, Sframe_parameters, 0, 1, 0,
       doc: /* Return the parameters-alist of frame FRAME.

[...]
  alist = Fcopy_alist (f->param_alist);

> (Which btw means we now need to preload seq.el?)

No, it's autoloaded.

> And the faces aren't copied, I think, they reference the same faces
> the original frame had.

Right -- I don't really know how the face/frame stuff actually works.
If it was a very general problem, then surely we'd stumble across this
whenever we make a new frame.  But the bug seems to manifest only on
terminal frames -- when we change the background mode.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no