Subject: Re: bug#32736: bug#34715: bug#32736: 26; Bind `C-x 5 2' to `clone-frame' by default

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 17:11:08 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 15:55:29 +0200
> 
> If I filter out the `name' and `background-color' elements, then it
> works.  I can kinda see the first one, but...
> 
> Hm...  no, it's `background-color' in combination with something else;
> just background-color works fine.
> 
> I wonder whether this is points to a bug somewhere in the tty frame
> mechanism...

If the problem is background-color, why does redisplay complain about
faces saying they are *invalid*?  I could understand if it said it
cannot load some color, but why "invalid face"?

The only funky thing about background-color on TTY I can think of is
the unspecified-bg thingy.