Subject: Re: bug#34707: Failure to find the associated pdump file

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:56:13 +0200

I'm able to reproduce this bug easily enough:

[larsi@stories ~]$ ln -s ~/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs /tmp/sym-emacs
[larsi@stories ~]$ /tmp/sym-emacs
Loading loadup.el (source)...
dump mode: nil
Using load-path (/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/site-lisp /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/emacs-lisp /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/language /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/international /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/textmodes /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/vc)
Loading emacs-lisp/byte-run...
Loading emacs-lisp/byte-run...done
Loading emacs-lisp/backquote...
[etc]

Running ~/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs directly works, but it's not
uncommon to have symlinks to the binary (somebody else just complained
to me about this)...  When Emacs is able to find the rest of itself,
it's odd that it's not finding the pdump file, surely?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no