Subject: bug#34707: Failure to find the associated pdump file

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 22:26:56 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > load_pdump returns to main with PDUMPER_LOAD_FILE_NOT_FOUND.
  > > I do not see any code there that ought to exit with an error message.
  > > If there is some, where is it?

  > If the file is not found, Emacs behaves like temacs: it loads the Lisp
  > files before proceeding.  It sounds like in your case it didn't do tat
  > because it found no Lisp files, is that right?

It did find the Lisp directory -- that code is old and knows how to
follow the symlink.  But that's not the issue, because
"tty-set-up-initial-frame-faces" is supposed to be preloaded.

I think you said this problem is fixed now.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)