Subject: Re: bug#3468: drag and drop text

From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 12:28:20 +0200

On 06/10/2024 8:10, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> This should be implemented on Windows too, but it will take me some
>> time. Maybe you prefer to wait before installing the changes.
> 
> Up to you.  From where I stand, we can install what you have now, and
> add support for the above as a separate changeset.

Let's do this then.

>> Also, do you think the manual should be updated too?
> 
> If the manual becomes inaccurate or incomplete with your changes, then
> yes, of course.

I was thinking about changing this:

    The XDND and Motif drag and drop protocols, and the old KDE 1.x
protocol, are currently supported.

To this:

    The XDND and Motif drag and drop protocols, and the old KDE 1.x
protocol, are currently supported. There is also support on MS-Windows.

And adding later:

The 'dnd-indicate-insertion-point’ and ‘dnd-scroll-margin’ variables are 
not supported on MS-Windows.