Subject: bug#34675: closed (Re: bug#34675: 27.0.50; (MS-Windows) DND fails for UNC filename on same server)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 03:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34675: 27.0.50; (MS-Windows) DND fails for UNC filename on same server

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34675: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34675
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34675: 27.0.50; (MS-Windows) DND fails for UNC filename on same server
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 05:32:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 21:19:00 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
>  Thanks, I hope I fixed that.
> 
> Yes I think so, thanks.

OK, closing.

Subject: 27.0.50; (MS-Windows) DND fails for UNC filename on same server
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:41:34 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Open Windows Explorer in a file share on the local machine.
Drag a file from there and drop it onto Emacs.
The error "Can not read file:///server/share/file-name" is signalled.

dnd-get-local-file-uri attempts to convert the remote file name to a local
file name by removing the server name. That is not valid for UNC file
names.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-02-12 built on X
Repository revision: d41f9123ecae45654f006d736996343275d774bd
Repository branch: buster
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
System Description: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Service Pack
1 (v6.1.1130.7601.24355)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
dnd-open-local-file: Can not read file:///server/share/file-name
Configured using:
 'configure --config-cache --with-modules --without-pop --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils browse-url url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib url-vars elec-pair mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 55778 9941)
 (symbols 48 6721 1)
 (strings 32 19194 1886)
 (string-bytes 1 589026)
 (vectors 16 10297)
 (vector-slots 8 130876 12274)
 (floats 8 20 150)
 (intervals 56 221 18)
 (buffers 992 11))