Subject: bug#34667: 24.3; Temp files left over from inferior-python-mode

From: James Carey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:57:32 +0000

Every time inferior-python-mode runs, it leaves files in /tmp
(e.g. /tmp/py15458epk).  These files do not contain any of my own code.
Have been asked to report this as a bug following my post on stack
exchange:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/48058/deleting-temporary-files-left-over-from-inferior-python-mode?noredirect=1#comment74099_48058

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
of 2018-09-12 on x86-039.build.eng.bos.redhat.com
Configured using:
`configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
'--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
'--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
'--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
'--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
'--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
'--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
'--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
-pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
-grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Inferior Python

Minor modes in effect:
  compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC x r e p o r t TAB RET

Recent messages:
Quit [2 times]
Mark set
report-emacs-bug-hook: M-x report-emacs-bug was cancelled, please read *Bug Help* b$
Auto-saving...done
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(help-mode shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-cvs compile python rx easymenu comint
ring time-date ansi-color pyobj-mode saveplace cl-macs gv cl cl-lib
edmacro kmacro hl-line karl-libcard-mode thingatpt tabify tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

James Carey
Software Developer
Apak Group
www.apakgroup.com <http://www.apakgroup.com/>

t               +44 1454 871000
f               +44 1454 871199
e               [email-masked]

Nibley Court
3 Turner Drive
Westerleigh Business Park
Bristol
BS37 5YX. United Kingdom

Apak Group, a Sopra Banking Software company
www.soprabanking.com<http://www.soprabanking.com>

Apak Group Limited, Registered in England No. 01451033.
Registered Office: Nibley Court, 3 Turner Drive, Westerleigh Business Park, Bristol, BS37 5YX.
________________________________
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee.  The views expressed may not be Apak policy but the personal views of the originator.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.  This footnote also confirms that this email has been swept for the presence of known computer viruses before being sent.