Subject: bug#34660: closed (Re: bug#34660: 27.0.50; (eshell)Top > Commands > Invocation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34660: 27.0.50; (eshell)Top > Commands > Invocation

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34660: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34660
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34660: 27.0.50; (eshell)Top > Commands > Invocation
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Van L <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 17:20:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Van L <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 17:43:32 +1100
> Cc: [email-masked],
>  Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked]
> 
> > You seem to have a stale Info file.  This problem was fixed 10 days ago, and your Texinfo source seem to already include the fix.
> 
> OIC, apologies for the noise.
> 
> The source files were fetched within 24 hours.
> The running Emacs devel distribution is the last point release by the installer.
> That is months plus old.

OK, thanks.  Closing.

Subject: 27.0.50; (eshell)Top > Commands > Invocation
From: Van L <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:18:54 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Emacs,

There is a problem with sentence (2) in paragraph (2) traced to
eshell.info, eshell.texi.

Can OpenAI's GPT2 improve that sentence in terms of aesthetic? [1]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenAI#GPT2

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-- quote from *info* (eshell) Invocation

   The command can be either an Elisp function or an external command.
Eshell looks first for an *note alias: Aliases. with the same name as
the command, then a *note built-in command: Built-ins. or a function
with the same name; if there is no match, it then tries to execute it as
an external command.

-- quote ends

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-- quote from eshell.info

   The command can be either an Elisp function or an external command.
Eshell looks first for an *note alias: Aliases. with the same name as
the command, then a *note built-in command: Built-ins. or a function
with the same name; if there is no match, it then tries to execute it as
an external command.

-- quote ends

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-- quote from eshell.texi

The command can be either an Elisp function or an external command.
Eshell looks first for an alias (@pxref{Aliases}) with the same name as the
command, then a built-in (@pxref{Built-ins}) or a function with the
same name; if there is no match, it then tries to execute it as an
external command.

-- quote ends