Subject: bug#3465: 23.0.94; feature request: be able to log minibuffer messages

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 20:52:36 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> A test case is
>
> (with-current-buffer (get-buffer " *Minibuf-1*") (minibuffer-message "foo"))
>
> and look in the *Messages* buffer.

The problem here is that "foo" doesn't end up in *Messages*, and it
seems like it should.

I looked around for a utility function to add stuff to the *Messages*
buffer (it has to heed the message-log-max variable etc), but I couldn't
find one.

Would it make sense to add one?  And then make minibuffer-message (in
the use case above) use it?  Should be trivial to add, but I'm just
wondering whether there was a reason this hadn't been added already...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no