Subject: Re: [bug#34647] [PATCH] gnu: python-petsc4py: Update to 10.3.1.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 17:26:22 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 03:06:03PM +0000, Paul Garlick wrote:
> Hi Leo,
> 
> > I tested this update by building fenics on top of it. On my x86-63
                                                                     ^
Oops, silly typo ----------------------------------------------------|

> > machine, it failed as below. Is this expected or a reason to block
> > the python-petsc4py update?
> 
> Thank you for doing the fenics test too.  
> 
> I have fixed the build problem for fenics-dolfin in patch #34668.

Great!

> These patches for python-petsc4py and fenics-dolfin have been made 
> necessary by the recent update of the PETSc dependency.  Essentially,
> a symbol that used to be referenced in these packages is no longer
> made available by PETSc.

Okay, I've pushed the python-petsc4py update as
758439cf4b20851d25c1d72d289cc6d4556ccda2