Subject: bug#34645: closed (Re: bug#34645: Make TeX-process-check prompt optional?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34645: Make TeX-process-check prompt optional?

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34645: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34645
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34645: Make TeX-process-check prompt optional?
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:40:13 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think it does make sense to make it file-local, as one could be
> engaged in quite different workflows and want different behaviours.

Thanks.  I pushed that change now (406eb61fc1), so I'm closing this
report.

Best, Arash

Subject: Make TeX-process-check prompt optional?
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: bug-auctex <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 12:13:51 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I find myself frequently being prompted by TeX-process-check while editing
a document that takes a long time to process. I always want to kill the
process and start a new one.

Would it be possible to add an option to disable the prompt, or is there
some reason why the prompt should always be offered?

I guess that in situations like mine an even better behaviour might be to
always let a run continue until it is done, but to queue up another run
when some change is outstanding. That way, one does not risk the output
document not updating for a long time if frequent edits are being made and
no LaTeX run ever completes, because it is always being interrupted.

Finally, I noticed one typo (version 12.1.2 of AUCTeX): the docstring of
TeX-process-check says "exist", and should say "exists".

For now, I just redefined TeX-process-check in my init sequence to omit the
prompt.

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org