Subject: [bug#34644] [PATCH] gnu: Add xsane.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:32:06 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 23:57:12 +0100
Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Nor I.  It's an interesting situation: snprintf.c seems to have 
> been re-(dual-)licenced under both Artistic and GPL2+OpenSSL 
> exception.
> 
> However, the version shipped with xsane is older (perhaps xsane 
> itself is, even).
> 
> I guess we can just do what Trisquel does and replace it with a 
> newer version.

Sure.

> There's also some talk of a ’system snprintf’ that 
> may or may not do the job without having to provide our own 
> replacement.

If we did that we should mention it upstream--maybe their implementation
has special features that they require that a system implementation
would not have.