Subject: [bug#34644] [PATCH] gnu: Add xsane.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 23:57:12 +0100

Diego (Nicola?),

Diego Nicola Barbato wrote:
>> +    (license licence:gpl2+))) ; lib/snprintf.c is under the 
>> ‘Artistic’ licence
> The FSF lists the ‘Artistic’ license as a nonfree software 
> license [0].
> I am no expert, but this might be a problem.

Nor I.  It's an interesting situation: snprintf.c seems to have 
been re-(dual-)licenced under both Artistic and GPL2+OpenSSL 
exception.

However, the version shipped with xsane is older (perhaps xsane 
itself is, even).

I guess we can just do what Trisquel does and replace it with a 
newer version.  There's also some talk of a ’system snprintf’ that 
may or may not do the job without having to provide our own 
replacement.

Something to investigate.

> [0]: 
> https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ArtisticLicense

Thanks,

T G-R

[1]: 
https://devel.trisquel.info/trisquel/package-helpers/merge_requests/12