Subject: Re: bug#34642: clipit cannot be started by awesomewm or rofi

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 01:04:05 +0100

Bradley,

Bradley Haggerty wrote:
> After a recent update, clipit no longer starts with my wm 
> session. I cannot
> launch it from rofi either. It has a tray icon and you can open 
> a search
> with ctrl-alt-f, so it's easy to see when it's not running. I 
> can launch it
> from a terminal, but I cannot close the terminal and keep it 
> going. I tried
> running 'clipit &' and closing the shell, I tried using 
> nohup. Doesn't work.

I use clipit without issue… but I also never launch it in the 
background. :-)

It's hard to tell, but it might be this[0] upstream issue and 
might be fixed here[1].

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/CristianHenzel/ClipIt/issues/87
[1]: https://github.com/CristianHenzel/ClipIt/pull/109