Subject: Re: bug#3464: 23.0.94; Please add new frame parameter for frame stacking order

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:11:35 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> A frame configuration saves the frame parameters of a set of frames.
> This information records, for each frame, whether it is visible,
> invisible, or iconified.
>
> But it does not record the frame stacking order: which frames are in
> front of which other frames.  This is an important part of a user's
> idea of what a frame configuration should be: Restoring a frame config
> should restore the set of frames as they were when the config was
> saved, including their positions front to back.
>
> Feature request: Add this information to frame configs.  Perhaps we
> could add to each frame, as a frame parameter, its current stacking
> order.  Then we could perhaps make `set-frame-configuration' restore
> this saved order.

This still seems to be the case -- the frame stacking order is not
preserved.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no