Subject: bug#34639: 26.1; Custom themes break terminal when switching to org-mode

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:50:38 +0000

Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>     > On February 26, 2019 6:55:32 AM GMT+02:00, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>     >> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>     >> 
>     >> > I left linum-mode not obsolete because some people might decide
>     >> not to > switch due to those differences. We should revisit this
>     >> issue a few > years from now, IMO.
>     >> 
>     >> We already agreed to obsolete linum (which has two replacements)
>     >> years ago; https://debbugs.gnu.org/27622#37
>
>     > It's not in obsolete, is it?
>
> May I put in a selfish plea to delay obsoleting 'linum-mode'. I use it
> all the time. It's customised to my liking and I much prefer it to
> 'display-line-numbers-mode'. Perhaps, if I use 'linum-mode' extensively
> then there may well be (many?) others who do likewise.

Have you tried nlinum-mode in GNU ELPA?  It claims to be similar to
linum-mode but implemented more efficiently.

-- 
Basil