Subject: Re: bug#34639: 26.1; Custom themes break terminal when switching to org-mode

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 06:27:19 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

    > On February 26, 2019 6:55:32 AM GMT+02:00, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
    >> 
    >> > I left linum-mode not obsolete because some people might decide
    >> not to > switch due to those differences. We should revisit this
    >> issue a few > years from now, IMO.
    >> 
    >> We already agreed to obsolete linum (which has two replacements)
    >> years ago; https://debbugs.gnu.org/27622#37

    > It's not in obsolete, is it?

May I put in a selfish plea to delay obsoleting 'linum-mode'. I use it
all the time. It's customised to my liking and I much prefer it to
'display-line-numbers-mode'. Perhaps, if I use 'linum-mode' extensively
then there may well be (many?) others who do likewise.

Best wishes,

-- 
Colin Baxter
[email-masked]