Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Isolated inferiors.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 16:12:08 +0000

These patches form a prototype for Guix inferiors, that are
isolated. Access to the inferior Guix is done through running a REPL as
a separate process. These patches provide a way of launching that REPL
in an isolated environment through Linux namespaces, providing some
isolation from the wider system.

These patches should work, at least enough to get the derivations for
packages within the inferior Guix, as well as doing 'guix pull' within
the inferior Guix.

They're not ready to be merged just yet though. I think some of the
approaches are a little odd (e.g. using (ice-9 popen) internals) and
I've got no idea if the isolation is actually working properly.

Christopher Baines (4):
  utils: Add #:base-directory to call-with-temporary-directory.
  linux-container: Add 'start-child-in-container'.
  inferior: Add a shared-directory field to <inferior>
  inferior: Add 'open-inferior/container'.

 gnu/build/linux-container.scm | 82 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/inferior.scm             | 90 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 guix/utils.scm                |  4 +-
 3 files changed, 163 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)