Subject: bug#34614: 26.1.92; When reading input in mini-buffer, message to each area overide the input prompt

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:02:26 +0100

> But we could do what with-temp-message does manually, and sit-for
 > before replacing the message, no?

Here 'sit-for' doesn't sit for in that place.

 >> In either case what would you suggest to do in the unwind form?
 >
 > I'm not following: what unwind form?

The one we would have to write in the spirit of 'with-temp-message'
where we would probably redisplay the contents of the active minibuffer
instead of the message.

 >> Autoreverting has
 >>
 >>               (revert-buffer 'ignore-auto 'dont-ask 'preserve-modes))))
 >>
 >> Does that mean 'revert-buffer--default' could still ask questions?
 >
 > I don't know, I didn't look closely enough.

Any question it asks would get us into a recursive minibuffer I
presume.

martin