Subject: Re: bug#34614: 26.1.92; When reading input in mini-buffer, message to each area overide the input prompt

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:07:33 +0100

> For example, I run find-file, and then input file name in
 > mini-buffer. During inputting, one buffer’s file has been changed
 > externally. Emacs reverts the file and print a message to each
 > area. Then I can’t see the prompt of find-file and chars I have
 > inputted.

Please tell us a bit more about what you did.  IIUC you must have had
enabled 'auto-revert-mode' in that session but I can't find it in the
list of "minor modes in effect" of your report.  If you did use
'auto-revert-mode', did you have any related customizations?  If so,
which?  If you can repeat the bug, can you also repeat it when you
reset 'auto-revert-stop-on-user-input' and/or 'auto-revert-verbose'?

Also, was your formulation "print a message to each area" intentional?
Here a message is printed to the echo area of the selected frame only,
that is, to one and only one echo area.

 > I have to press C-g and then run the command again.

What does 'minibuffer-depth' return at the time you have to press C-g?
Can you enter the minibuffer window via C-x o?

Thanks, martin