Subject: bug#34611: virt-manager is not recognizing libvirtd service

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:46:17 +0300

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 11:06:58PM -0600, Brett Gilio wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I am having an issue using virt-manager on GuixSD. I have libvirt and
> virt-manager installed, and am starting the libvirtd service using my
> configuration file. However, regardless of whether or not I start
> virt-manager as root or normal privileges, I am getting a "checking for
> virtualization packages..." note with an error of "No active connection
> to install on." libvirtd and virtlogd are properly started as far as I
> can tell by queurying the herd. Here is my relevant configuration.
> 

I've been having this issue as well on my machine. I'm pretty sure it's
more a case of virt-manager not saving the qemu locations; when I add a
new location of "this machine" suddenly all the VMs from my machine
repopulate. Then when I close it an open it again I get the same
behavior.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted