Subject: bug#34610: 27.0.50; wdired gets rename file and directory errors when using gls and -F or --classify switch

From: Jeffrey Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 02:40:41 +0900

The fix appears to work fine in my testing on a emacs -Q with just the
switches. I didn't remove my advice around the call to wdired to test in my
own setup because now I like that the classify switches and executable
marks are removed, since this just seems to make that text unwritable. It
makes editing multiple files with multiple-curosrs much easier if these
extra characters aren't there for me in wdired.

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 10:02 PM Basil L. Contovounesios <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Jeffrey Spencer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Sorry, I installed from HEAD awhile ago to fix a problem with magit,
> > but haven't been able to update to the current head to test again as I
> > patched it with an advice currently. I will try to update to Head this
> > week then let you know.
>
> Great, just be sure to select "Reply All" in your next message, so that
> the bug address [email-masked] is included in the To: or Cc:
> header and others reading this bug report can see it as well.
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Basil
>