Subject: bug#34597: `guix challenge` - 41 packages differ

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:51:24 -0600

mikadoZero writes:

> After running `guix challenge` there are some packages which differ from ones I have built locally.

Hi Mikado,

Unless I am mistaken this isn't truly a reportable bug. As you can see
in the guix challenge documentation
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-challenge.html
the purpose of challenge is to check for deterministic qualities in
reproducible packages. Right now, not all packages are reproducible as
the guix team is hard at work trying to find the best solution for
replacing binary seeds with something fully bootstrappable (see:
https://bootstrappable.org)

If you look, all of the packages you showed are related to the guix core
system, which means that you are not getting any non-deterministic
packages from the relevant /gnu package repositories, which is good.

I think this bug can probably be closed.

All the best,
Brett Gilio