Subject: Re: bug#34580: Service ssh-daemon could not be started

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 11:45:57 +0200

Hi Brant,

"Brant Gardner" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Going to show my ignorance here - I've contributed some packages by
> making things in a 'guix environment' and then extracting patches, but
> what you need me to do is activate a configuration change in a 'live'
> guix install (and on a service rather than a package, also new-ish to
> me) so it sticks over a reboot.  This is not something I've done
> before and I'm not finding docs for it, can you direct me?

Sure, sorry for not being clearer.

So you would apply the patch I sent over a fresh checkout of Guix, like
so:

  git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
  cd guix
  patch -p1 < the-patch

Then you need to build Guix from that checkout:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-from-Git.html

Finally, you can reconfigure your system from that checkout with:

  sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure …

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Ludo’.