Subject: Re: [bug#34571] [PATCH] Add micropython

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:46:40 +0100

Hi Erfraim,

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:22:16 +0200
Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I was looking around to see if there was an alternate perl
> implementation and I ended up packaging micropython. I have no
> preference between it being in python.scm or embedded.scm

Heh :)

There's a bundled version of FreeRTOS in ./ports/cc3200 which is GPLv2
with a modification.

In this case, I suggest to delete FreeRTOS since we don't use it
anyway--and if we ever wanted to, we'd not use the bundled version.
So in a sense I suggest to unbundle it.

We could also just add GPLv2 with exception to the license list,
but in this case I wouldn't--since it doesn't really apply to the
installed version and we don't use it anyhow.

Also, there's a bundled copy of libffi in lib.  Usually, I delete
it to make sure it's not picked up by accident.

Otherwise LGTM!