Subject: Re: bug#34565: ungoogled-chromium contains Widevine DRM

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 08:51:04 +0100

Jason Self <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke wrote:
>> not present in the Guix source.
>
> Please keep in mind I was discussing upstream Chromium in that piece.
> It's also not an exhaustive list.

I don't think upstream Chromium is relevant to this discussion.

>> I cannot find these images: grepping for CC-BY-NC-SA or 'Creative
>> Commons' did not aid.  Did you record the absolute paths to these
>> files?
>
> Of course - FOSSology records everything as it recursively unpacks and
> searches files, metadata of files, etc. 

I was not aware of FOSSology, and admit that I have not checked file
metadata.  It would be great to have this tool in Guix!

None of the reported files are present in the Guix source.  I believe
they are all scrubbed by the Ungoogled binary pruning script.

I really appreciate your effort here, but please only use this bug
tracker for problems that affect the Guix package.  Thanks!