Subject: Re: bug#34565: ungoogled-chromium contains Widevine DRM

From: Jason Self <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 18:43:17 -0800

Marius Bakke wrote:
> not present in the Guix source.

Please keep in mind I was discussing upstream Chromium in that piece.
It's also not an exhaustive list.

> I cannot find these images: grepping for CC-BY-NC-SA or 'Creative
> Commons' did not aid.  Did you record the absolute paths to these
> files?

Of course - FOSSology records everything as it recursively unpacks and
searches files, metadata of files, etc. 

1.
third_party/blink/web_tests/fast/backgrounds/size/resources/SquirrelFis
h.svg has within it:
<a rel="cc:attributionURL" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/goopymart
/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/goopymart/</a>; / <a rel="license"
href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">CC BY-NC-SA
2.0</a></div>

2. chrome/test/data/extensions/api_test/wallpaper_manager/test_bad.jpg
contains:
xmpRights:WebStatement="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.
0/

3. chrome/test/data/extensions/test.jpg contains within it:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

4. chrome/test/data/extensions/api_test/wallpaper/test.jpg
Identified by FOSSology as being identical to file 3.

5. chrome/test/data/extensions/api_test/wallpaper_manager/test.jpg
contains within it:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

> My grep-fu is really failing me today.  Where is this located?

chrome/test/data/import/firefox/macwin.zip/Profiles/brn6z0fz.default/ex
tensions/{3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c}/chrome/google-
toolbar.jar

chrome/test/data/import/firefox/macwin.zip/Profiles/brn6z0fz.default/ex
tensions/{3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c}/LICENSE.txt

Keep in mind this was not an exhaustive report of all of upstream
Chromium 73.0.3683.45 and there is much left out. They were intended
only as examples to show freedom problems within Chromium itself.

As for the rest I guess we'll need to wait on a response from the FSF
since I seem to be receving pushback myself.