Subject: Re: bug#34565: ungoogled-chromium contains Widevine DRM

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:49:54 +0100

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]> writes:

> Em 20/02/2019 13:18, Julien Lepiller escreveu:
>> I think the situation is different though. You can see the build script
>> inside the "origin" record as the liberation procedure that anyone can
>> see and verify. It's also a procedure targeted at our build farms, so
>> that they can produce the liberated source code. Users never manipulate
>> non-free source code, unless something is wrong on the build farm side.
>
> I'm not taking any sides here, but to give some more information […]

I would appreciate it if this discussion could be moved elsewhere.  This
is about whether the package in Guix contains “Widevine DRM”.  As far as
I understand it does not (as a third-party binary needs to be obtained).

If it does after all contain objectionable files please point them out
so that we can remove them ASAP.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo