Subject: Re: bug#34531: Guix profile fails on Overdrive 1000

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 22:07:06 +0100

Hi Danny,

>> The loop looks a bit more complicated than it needs to be, I think.  Did
>> my version not work for you?
>
> It did, but I wanted to make sure the port did exactly the same as the
> original generate.py--maybe I overdid it, but I didn't want to break it
> by porting it.
>
> What skip_comments in the original does is strip comments, but not strip
> "comment-like things" that are in string literals ("/*blah*/").
> (as far as I can tell, at least)

Ah, I see.  If your version works fine I think it’s worth using it to
replace the need for Python here.

I’d probably implement this somewhat differently (to remove the
“almost*” symbols and to cut down on duplication), but I don’t think
it’s worth polishing this when the main purpose has been achieved.

Thanks for tackling this!

-- 
Ricardo