Subject: Re: bug#34531: Guix profile fails on Overdrive 1000

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:12:07 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:45:34 +0100
Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Final version attached.  Works fine now.  
> 
> The loop looks a bit more complicated than it needs to be, I think.  Did
> my version not work for you?

It did, but I wanted to make sure the port did exactly the same as the
original generate.py--maybe I overdid it, but I didn't want to break it
by porting it.

What skip_comments in the original does is strip comments, but not strip
"comment-like things" that are in string literals ("/*blah*/").
(as far as I can tell, at least)

I agree your version is easier but does it do the same thing?

Attached a v2 where I fixed a bug in literal handling related to that (oops).

WDYT?