Subject: Re: bug#34526: Updating node.js

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 14:34:55 +0100

Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]> writes:

> That's fair.
>
> I have a personal project that requires that I use a newer version of
> Node (at least version 11).  So if anyone has a recipe on how to get
> Node running, even the wrong way per Guix standards, maybe useful to
> post to this bug in the meanwhile?  It might also still help advance
> this bug.

I tried my hand at building llhttp (again...) using our existing nodejs
+ Sucrase (an alternative TypeScript transpiler that does not have too
many dependencies), but it seems that the devs of llhttp use
semi-advanced TypeScript constructs that are at the moment not supported
by Sucrase's transformers. To be specific, I am talking about "Moving
types"[1].

Does anyone know of any other TypeScript transpilers? They do not need
to do typechecking, as long as they allow generation of (valid)
JavaScript files.

- Jelle

[1]: https://basarat.gitbooks.io/typescript/docs/types/moving-types.html