Subject: bug#34525: replace-regexp missing some matches

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:26:03 +0000

Hello, Daniel.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 21:25:27 +0000, Daniel Lopez wrote:
> Hi Eli and Alan,

> Thanks for investigating.

> Don't know if this is of much help, but here's a simpler test file 
> (BitmapFontFace4.h).

Thanks for this.  I will have a look at it later.

> If I delete all the "YBitmapZ" lines so that only the full-word 
> occurrences of "Bitmap" are left in the file, then C-u M-% replaces 
> everything but replace-regexp doesn't still.

What I have established so far is that it is the < template delimiter
interacting in some unknown way with Bitmap, which is causing the bug.
For example, when I replace "Bitmap<" with "Bitmap <", the bug doesn't
happen.  The bug doesn't happen either if these <s are deleted.

I suspect there is some sort of bug in the regexp matching engine, but I
haven't been able to pin this down, yet.

Thanks for reporting this interesting bug!

> Daniel

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).