Subject: Re: bug#34525: replace-regexp missing some matches

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 20:43:21 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 20:48:05 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
> >         [email-masked]
> > Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:41:04 -0500

> > AFAICT the only place where the missing updates can bite us is when we
> > call update_interval, since it seems to be the only function that relies
> > on all parents having the ->position field correctly set.

> > update_interval is only called from update_syntax_table.

> That I could understand.  But then the fix should be in that one
> function (if we keep it).

It would be easy enough to set the ->position of a node when moving to it
from a child in update_literal.  This would be an alternative to the
changes I've suggested in next_interval and previous_interval.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).