Subject: bug#34513: display-line-numbers in term mode

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 23:44:11 +0200

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 09:51:47AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 00:54:46 +0200
>> From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
>>
>> I have tried the quick solution Stefan proposed to this but there are
>> still limitations when the number column width change and some
>> others when resizing the window. Does anyone has a way to improve
>> this?
>
>You can see the various solutions in tabulated-list.el.  I wrote them
>because features like package.el need to react to the changing width
>of the line numbers.
>
>In addition to the change in the line numbers display width due to
>scrolling, there are changes due to resizing the default font.
>
Hi Eli:

I see that, but what about when the window width changes? Are there any
hook we ca use?

>> On the other hand I wanted to ask if new changes like dfci must be
>> disabled in term-mode by default or we let that configuration to the
>> user?
>
>This is a different issue, unrelated to this bug report.  Let's
>discuss it separately, probably on emacs-devel.
>
>Thanks.