Subject: bug#34513: display-line-numbers in term mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:51:47 +0300

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 00:54:46 +0200
> From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> 
> I have tried the quick solution Stefan proposed to this but there are
> still limitations when the number column width change and some
> others when resizing the window. Does anyone has a way to improve
> this?

You can see the various solutions in tabulated-list.el.  I wrote them
because features like package.el need to react to the changing width
of the line numbers.

In addition to the change in the line numbers display width due to
scrolling, there are changes due to resizing the default font.

> On the other hand I wanted to ask if new changes like dfci must be
> disabled in term-mode by default or we let that configuration to the
> user?

This is a different issue, unrelated to this bug report.  Let's
discuss it separately, probably on emacs-devel.

Thanks.