Subject: Re: bug#34499: Fwd: Guile-gnome package broken in Guix

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 13:28:18 +0100

On 2019-02-16 12:02, swedebugia wrote:
> The files end up in profile/share/guile-gnome-2/... which is not in 
> guiles load path.
> 
> The result of running the examples:
> (first get it with guix build --source)
> 
> 
> $ guile -s hello.scm
> ...
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> no code for module (gnome gobject)
> 

Trying to set the right load path results in this error:

guile-gnome-platform-2.16.5/gtk/examples$ guile -L 
~/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/ -s hello.scm
guile: warning: failed to install locale
;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.5/gtk/examples/hello.scm
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject.scm
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gtype.scm
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/utils.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/utils.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/config.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/config.scm.go
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gtype.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gvalue.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gvalue.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gclosure.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gclosure.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gsignal.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gsignal.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gparameter.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gparameter.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gobject.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/gobject.scm.go
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/support/modules.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/support/modules.scm.go
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject.scm.go
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gtk.scm
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/generics.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/99nyg5hqmnk4l42xv018wmckby54yq2y-guile-gnome-2.16.5/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gobject/generics.scm.go
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gdk.scm
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2/g-wrap/gw/standard.scm
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2/g-wrap/config.scm
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/lhyaqrqlyvahxbw6vk4v13qryv4pmd19-g-wrap-1.9.15/share/guile/site/2.2/g-wrap/config.scm.go
;;; compiled 
/home/sdb/.cache/guile/ccache/2.2-LE-8-3.A/gnu/store/lhyaqrqlyvahxbw6vk4v13qryv4pmd19-g-wrap-1.9.15/share/guile/site/2.2/g-wrap/gw/standard.scm.go
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/glib.scm
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/glib.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-glib", message: 
"file not found"
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gdk.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-glib", message: 
"file not found"
;;; compiling 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gobject.scm
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gobject.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-gobject", 
message: "file not found"
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gtk.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-gobject", 
message: "file not found"
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gtk.scm
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/atk.scm
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/atk.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-atk", message: 
"file not found"
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/gtk.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-atk", message: 
"file not found"
;;; compiling /home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/cairo.scm
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/gw/cairo.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-cairo", message: 
"file not found"
;;; WARNING: compilation of 
/home/sdb/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.5/gtk/examples/hello.scm failed:
;;; In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libgw-guile-gnome-cairo", message: 
"file not found"
Backtrace:
            4 (primitive-load "/home/sdb/src/guile-gnome-platform-2.?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    293:34  3 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 1c1f140>)))
     163:9  2 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 1c1f140>)))
    223:20  1 (proc #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 1c1f140>)))
In unknown file:
            0 (%resolve-variable (7 . <gtk-window>) #<directory (guil?>)

ERROR: In procedure %resolve-variable:
Unbound variable: <gtk-window>

-- 
Cheers Swedebugia