Subject: [bug#34493] [PATCH] services: xorg: Enable override of xserver-arguments.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 22:21:34 +0100

Hello,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here's a patch I have been using in order to use Emacs in lockstep mode;
> it took me some time to figure out that listening to TCP is turned off
> by default and where to enable it.

I see; I didn’t know about Lockstep, this looks fun.

> Not sure if it warrants a whole example in the documentation, though.
> Also, I chose not to move "-logverbose" "-verbose" and"-terminate"
> to the default arguments, these are still hardcoded.

OK.

>>>From f1685ca38dc0c55056eed0002f194b6081b6339a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 19:13:55 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] services: xorg: Enable override of xserver-arguments.
>
> * gnu/services/xorg.scm (xorg-start-command): Add parameter #:xserver-arguments.
> * doc/guix.texi (X Window): Document it.

[...]

> +@cindex -listen tcp
> +@cindex -nolisten tcp

Maybe: @cindex @code{-listen tcp}, for X11.

Otherwise LGTM, thank you!

Ludo’.