Subject: Re: bug#34481: 27.0.50; cl-flet, cl-labels and lambda expressions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 07:53:51 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But for macrolet I guess it could make sense.
>
> No, AFAIU macro expanders of `cl-macrolet' can't make use of runtime
> values (the expansion can, of course), so I think, similar to
> `cl-labels', encouraging the impression that a function is referenced or
> created at runtime (by evaluating a lambda) might be no good idea in
> these cases.

Right.  So I think the conclusion here is that we're not going to add
this form (at this time, at least), and since the other bits talked
about here have been fixed, I'm closing this bug report.

Fixing indentation was also mentioned (and the indentation here is
indeed very bad), but there's a separate bug report for that: bug#9622.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no