Subject: Re: bug#34481: 27.0.50; cl-flet, cl-labels and lambda expressions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 16:53:31 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> BTW, do you have an opinion about allowing (SYMBOL LAMBDA-EXPR) binding
> syntax for cl-labels and cl-macrolet?  The reason why I want this is (1)
> I often try to use this syntax and it doesn't work, and (2) it indents
> more nicely.  Or do you even have a nice idea of how to fix the
> indentation problem?

If I skim this bug report correctly, the reported problem was fixed, but
it was left open due to this question?

Which is to allow (cl-labels ((foo (lambda () ...)))) as an alternative
syntax, if I understood the proposal correctly?

I know we're not beholden to Common Lisp for our versions of the macros,
but this seems kinda confusing to me, so my preference would be not to
extend the syntax in this way.

But I don't really use `cl-labels', so I don't really have much of an
opinion here.

Perhaps Stefan M has?  (Added to the CCs.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no