Subject: [PATCH 0/8] GDM without GNOME Desktop

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:09:42 -0500

Hi Guix,

This patch series fixes up a few things with GDM.  The main one is that
GDM no longer requires the GNOME Desktop service to be included in the
system services.  It no longer blindly hopes that everything it needs
happens to be in “/run/current-system/profile”.  Now it mostly knows
where to find its dependencies directly, and in the cases it doesn’t, it
makes sure that what it needs is in the system profile.

Around this, I did some cleaning.  GDM now looks directly at its
configuration file in the store rather than at a link in “/etc”, and a
repetitive section of messy substitutions is now a loop.

I added a D-Bus wrapper script as discussed before [1].  It doesn’t do
much, but it is there to be improved if needed.

This series also includes the user X session scripts that were recently
discussed [2].

-- Tim

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-01/msg00047.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-02/msg00198.html

Timothy Sample (8):
  services: gdm: Remove etc service.
  gnu: gnome-session: Use absolute paths in .desktop files.
  gnu: gdm: Add links to required login-session files.
  gnu: gdm: Use absolute path for gnome-session.
  gnu: gdm: Simplify pre-configure phase.
  gnu: gdm: Run dbus-daemon via a wrapper script.
  services: gdm: Make dependencies explicit.
  services: gdm: Allow for custom X session scripts.

 gnu/packages/gnome.scm |  96 +++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/services/xorg.scm  | 113 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 2 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)