Subject: 26.1; EWW stops renderring web page on null byte

From: Lukasz Pawelczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 13:27:16 +0100

As in the topic. See this page:
http://blog.eduardofleury.com/archives/2007/09/13
There is a string with a null byte at the beginning. Firefox renders
the page past this point. EWW stops on:
sock.bind(“

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.23.2)
 of 2018-08-13 built on buildvm-13.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12003000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Contacting host: blog.eduardofleury.com:80
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [2 times]
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-
png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: pl_PL.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail cl-extra help-mode
network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw
nsm rmc url-cache url-auth eww easymenu puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap shr svg xml seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv dom browse-url format-spec cl-loaddefs cl-lib
elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-
hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-
internal
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 137138 10359)
 (symbols 48 23803 2)
 (miscs 40 59 148)
 (strings 32 40308 1635)
 (string-bytes 1 1174212)
 (vectors 16 17956)
 (vector-slots 8 544601 12850)
 (floats 8 73 241)
 (intervals 56 3447 0)
 (buffers 992 12))
-- 
Lukasz Pawelczyk
Samsung R&D Institute Poland
Samsung Electronics