Subject: bug#34461: Debugging build failures on Berlin / qemu-minimal-2.10 not available on Berlin build farm

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:27:14 +0100

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Substitutes of the hidden package qemu-minimal-2.10 are available from
> <https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org> but not <https://berlin.guixsd.org>.
>
> I'd like to fix this but I'm not sure how to start debugging things on
> the Berlin build farm.

I would get the .drv file name of that thing and then do:

  guix build --log-file /gnu/store/…-qemu-minimal.drv \
     --substitute-urls=https://berlin.guixsd.org

This should give you the URL of the failed build.

Alternately, you can also go directly to:

  https://berlin.guixsd.org/log/XYZ-qemu-minimal

where “XYZ-qemu-minimal” is the *output* file name of that thing (not
the .drv file name.)

If that is 404, then most likely the thing was never built.  To
determine why, one would have to inspect /var/log/cuirass.log from
berlin…

HTH!

Ludo’.